Weather Update @ 9:45 PM: It is still snowing at the South Col, in camp two and at base camp. The team has decided to not go to the summit tonight. They are confident they have enough oxygen to remain in C4 for another 24 hours and try again tomorrow night. Radio communications have been very challenging due to weather.
Weather Update @ 7:50 PM : It is snowing at the South Col, in camp two and at base camp. The team has decided to remain in C4 for one hour. Radio communications are affected by cloud cover. We'll have more news as soon as possible.
7:30 PM Everest: Rob, Darrell, John, Teng Dorje, Mingma, Dawa and Pemba Sherpas are awake in the South Col and prepping to head up the mountain. We expect radio contact momentarily.
The summit push began on May 18, 2010. rob hill is trying to raise $29,035 for his non-profit, IDEAS, during his Everest climb. That's one dollar for each foot above sea level he must climb to achieve his dream. To help him reach this lofty goal, please donate online now, or if you'd prefer, send a cheque to the IDEAS office:
#521 – 119 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC, V5L 2N4
All donations over $20 will receive a Canadian tax receipt for charitable giving. For more information on IDEAS and its programs, please click here.No tags for this post.